Wednesday, June 2, 2010

So many pregnant mommies!

Oh man- pregnancy is so cool. Really. I mean just the fact that there's a baby INSIDE the mom is insane. And then the baby moving and kicking... it's so cool.
So today Mel and I spent the day doing prenatal exams with the midwifes/nurses and it was so cool. We measured the fundal height, the position of the baby, the babies heart rate, and, in certain occasions, the dilation of the mommy if she was 39 or 40 weeks. It's so much fun to have a job where you get to play with babies all day. I love making them kick, hearing their little hearts beating so fast, and seeing how excited the mom is to see her new baby. I got to do prenatal care on probably 10 moms and and IE on one other. It's definitely an experience to feel the head of the baby before labor. haha. (To all the men- you should, right now, turn to your wife or mom, and say thank you for the things they go through.) I can already tell that this is something I definitely want to do. And... according to the exams we did today we should have at least one if not two babies enter the world in the next few days! I'm so excited to see my first birth! :D
This place really is amazing. I love everything about Cebu. And definitely like I said before- I can live by the ocean for the rest of my life and not complain. I'm so excited to see what this week brings! Keep up the prayers!
Molly Walker, 1748 local time (3:49 am for most of you), Overton HQ

No comments:

Post a Comment